The Christiansburg Town Council will meet Tuesday, April 1
at 7:30 pm in the Town Hall.
Proposed Agenda:* Resolution to provide ample notice, in time and means, of all public meetings, confirming town's commitment for following the letter, intent and spirit of open government and the Freedom of Information Act;
* Introduction of town's newly expanded web site with links to past and proposed budgets, listing of all public meeting dates with agendas and minutes, complete staff and council directory, all chapters of the town's zoning ordinances, interactive citizen satisfaction and input surveys, with online payment capabilities;
* Consideration of a new organizational plan to support the acceptance, further identification and administration of federal, state and private foundation grants;
* Designation of 2% of revenues (recaptured from grants and other operating efficiencies), to be used for town Economic and Tourism development initiatives which generate funds for extensive park system and town greenways linked to regional greenway system;
* Introduce redeveloped Comprehensive Plan that solicited and engaged all sectors of the community.
Happy APRIL FOOLS Day!
While council will
be holding a regular meeting at this time, date and location, the actual agenda is:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
I. CALL TO ORDER - Approval of minutes.
II. CITIZENS HEARINGS - Brain Injury Services of SWVA request for funding.
III. DISCUSSIONS BY MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEMBERS
Street Committee Recommendations on:
1. Subdivision on the property of Montgomery County Farm Bureau located at the intersection of Peppers Ferry Road, N.W. and Walters Drive; creating 2 lots.
2. Plat showing relocation/vacation of lot line between properties of Elmer Lee Hall & Mammie Davis Hall and Daniel Lee Hall located on Tower Road; 2 lots.
IV. TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT - Bills
One can hope that at some point, some semblance of these fantastical April Fool's topics might come before council for consideration and action.